To, The Member Secretary, Law Commission of India, 4th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi, 110 003.
Reg: I Reject Uniform Civil Code.
In response to Public Notice dated 14th June 2023 regarding Uniform Civil Code, please see here my representation.
NO NEED OF Uniform Civil Code for some of the following main reasons,
1. Article 25 guarantees Right to Freedom of Religious Practice, so practicing personal laws cannot be interferred even by the State.
2. UCC is against the Spirit of the Secular Character of our Constitution.
3. Indian Legal System is based on pluralism and the application of UCC will result in its complete destruction.
4. The Parliamentary System of India itself is in the model of Unity in Diversity. So, UCC cannot exist in parallel.
5. The Supreme Court of India Various Cases has upheld the Constitutional Validity of Personal Laws over UCC.